Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Ayah Sent This a Month Ago

From this article in Vox

Sean Illing

Free speech doesn’t necessarily mean dialogue, right? It means we have the right to say offensive things, to be an asshole in public. Now I get that antifa doesn’t believe neo-Nazis have a right assembly or free speech, but a guy like Milo is in a different category, no?

Daryle Jenkins

He has the right to be an asshole. But we also have a right to deny him the forum to be an asshole if he's going to endanger other people or otherwise do harm. Like I said, I want to hear voices of conservatism. But this isn’t about conservatism anymore. People have a right to stand up and say, “You can’t come to our campus and insult us in this way and then deny us the right to respond.” I don’t endorse using violence in this context, but I stand by the people who say, “No, not here, not on our campus.”

No comments: