Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Was I too subjective?

http://www.pcccourier.com/2012/07/18/job-cuts-furloughs-weighed-by-boardbr/

This is an article I wrote while Managing Editor of the Pasadena City College Newspaper.  For this article I had interviewed the President of the Board of Trustees, but he gave me no quotes or information that I thought would be useful or relevant to the story.  After being published, I received an email from the President of the Board saying he lost faith in my journalistic skills and my abilities as an Editor because I had wasted his time and did not put what he said in the story.  He then informed the rest of the BOT that they were no longer aloud to talk to me or any of my reporters.  Did I screw up by not putting his irrelevant information in the article, or was he just being a dick?

No comments: